The wedding sash has a deep, rich history in the traditions of the Serbian Orthodox Church. Young women always made sashes like these to decorate their homes – their bread baskets, icon corners, thresholds, and more. Out of this custom came the giving of sashes as gifts, particularly to honor those who played a special role in the wedding of a bride and groom.
Wedding sash features:
Each of our beautiful Serbian wedding sashes is made from a soft, high-quality cotton blend sateen fabric.
- Garnished with Venetian lace (style may vary)
- Champagne gold, metallic gold, or metallic silver satin thread
- Text available in either English script or Serbian Cyrillic
- Sashes measure 96” long and 6 ½” wide
- Additional embroidery available upon request
When designing your Serbian wedding sashes, please keep in mind that the exact lace style may vary, depending on product availability from our suppliers.
If you would like custom embroidery that you do not see available on this page, please contact us directly to place your order.